Google
 

Friday, November 30, 2007

Tommorrow is world's Aids Day !!!


If your not aware Tommorrow is World's Aids Day and just before a year ago I really didnt pay much attention to this day..I felt like well Aids the virus never affected my life so my mind really wasnt on this day but just a couple of months ago... my life changed..No i dont have the disease and just as i sit here and write this post I am getting quite choked up because at times its hard to think about it because it changed my whole life in a matter of seconds... A couple of months ago I found out that my baby sister has HIV..She is 15 yrs old and she contracted the disease through sex....At times its hard for me to wrap my mind around the notion that I may lose her kills me over and over agian....I dont want to face it and mentally I break down...But I promised myself that I will stay strong and keep my head up because no one is promised tommorrow..So while we wait on a cure the best thing for all of us to do is Protect ourselves...wear condoms..If your on drugs DON'T SHARE NEEDLES, DONT USE DIRTY NEEDLES...PLEASE PEOPLE!!!Even though HIV has invaded my sister's life dont let it invade yours....


If you have a story you can share it here

0 comments: